Finance And Accounting
Reporting to the President, the Chief Accountant will be responsible for the proper management of accounting and administrative tasks and the timely production of financial and management reports. Support the immediate superior in relations with the company's partners: banks, suppliers, government entities, etc. and actively participate in the realization of special projects.
He/she will also plan and be involved in the progress of various improvement projects. The ultimate and common goal is to offer an unparalleled customer experience in the rental and event consulting industry.
COMPONENTS OF THE ROLE:
- Supervise the accounting team;
- Prepare weekly and monthly financial/sales reports and budget;
- Prepare and analyze various financial and management reports;
- Comfortable with report generators;
- Reconcile the accounts, prepare the balance sheet and accounting adjustments;
- Prepare statutory reports (Taxes, CSST, Taxes, etc);
- Supervise payroll preparation;
- Prepare the fiscal year-end file;
- Manage cash flow;
- Make recommendations on the profitability of products, services and projects;
- Maintain and adjust cost prices to the system;
- Evaluate and improve current procedures;
- Manage the financial and administrative activities of the Ottawa and Quebec City branches;
- Participate in the development and supervise the continuous improvement plan for operations;
- All other related tasks.
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar position;
- Accounting software, Acomba and Sirius E (an asset);
- Knowledge of MS Office, Word, Excel (advanced) and Power Point;
- Occasional travel (Quebec City, Ottawa);
- Strong leadership and results-oriented;
- Communication skills, both oral and written (French, English);
- Ability to manage concurrent projects, priorities and meet agreed upon deadlines;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Ability to manage a team of 3 to 4 people (management skills);
- Sense of organization;
- Availability and schedule flexibility;
Rigor, autonomy, integrity, commitment, respect, good judgment, ability to cope with change.
We thank all applicants and will only contact candidates selected for an interview. The masculine gender is used to lighten the text.
Job Type: Full time, Permanent
Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)